Wednesday 25 January 2012

Off to Freetown by plane... and speedboat!

Leones. Well done Mr Bradt! So at least I know what the currency is now (even if I don't have any).

I met up with Joe (who's doing a 3 month volunteer placement with our finance team in Freetown) at Heathrow and had a really smooth flight to Freetown. BMI - you surprise me (in a good way).

Direct flight with BMI (-:
What was even more of a surprise was the speedboat ride from the airport in Lungi to Freetown itself. Very James Bond-esqe. But sure it will lose its novelty by the fourth time I do it!

Finally got to the guest house at around 10pm and experienced the first (of many) power and water cuts and the first (of many) washes in a bucket of cold water (by candle light)!


At the Lungi jetty, waiting for the speedboat to Freetown
About to brave the wobbly bridge to the boat
With Abdul on the crossing

No comments:

Post a Comment