Sunday 11 March 2012

First weekend back in Freetown

This week has been exhausting. It began with an overnight flight from Dar Es Salaam to London on Monday, going straight from the airport to the office for a full day of work on Tuesday. Thank you SO MUCH to Nita and Simon Wood for rescuing me with Mexican food, Cabernet Sauvignon, a comfy bed and HOT SHOWER on Tuesday night! I then flew back to Sierra Leone on Wednesday and was in the Freetown office on Thursday and Friday. So this weekend I've tried to take it easy, catching up on a bit of sleep, venturing out to the central Freetown fabric markets with Susie and Thea on Saturday (as if I didn't buy enough in Dar already?!) and heading out of town (for a very bumpy taxi ride) to Tokeh beach with Thea and Perry on Sunday. Still don't feel like I've fully recharged my batteries but it's a start...

Susie and Thea haggling in the market

Susie gets lost in a sea of fabric

The very phallic bird patterned material. No, I didn't buy it. Tempting though (-;
Tokeh beach. My favourite so far.

Perry and Thea catching some rays

Happiness is a coconut on a white sandy beach (-:
Beach football
Heading back to the taxi

Fishing boats

No comments:

Post a Comment