Friday 30 March 2012

Thank you Mr Mansour!

Just before I left for Tanzania, I introduced you to Mr Mansour who runs a small tailoring business right by our office. Since I got back with all the material I bought in Tanzania, he's managed to design and make me two dresses and one skirt, all for the grand sum of 70,000 Leones (which is about a tenner). Running outside for a dress fitting in between meetings and workshops has been really fun and the first (and probably only) time I can say I've had a personal tailor. He's one of the smiliest people I've ever met and, along with Josephine (who I buy my bananas from) and Mohamed (who I buy my afternoon coke or sprite from), I'm going to really miss the community I've got to know around the office.

With Mr Mansour in one of the dresses he made me

African patterns clashing with Lebanese furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment