Monday 16 April 2012

Cintsa Beach

This weekend I managed to escape East London and stayed at a hostel overlooking the beautiful Cintsa beach. The Eastern Cape coastline is known as the "Wild Coast" and it really is stunning - barren and windswept with no crowds. It reminded me of Camber Sands near Rye in Kent, especially with all the kite-surfers I saw when I went for a run on Saturday. I went back on Sunday, but this time on a horse and had a great time galloping along the beach with one of the girls who volunteers at the nearby farm. We even jumped over some logs - don't think I've jumped since I was a teenager! It felt great, and brushed away some of the cobwebs from the last week.
The dunes to Cintsa beach
Kite-surfer jumping

Empty beach (-:
Paddling back across the lagoon from the beach
Great breakfast view of beach and lagoon at hostel
Riding on Cintsa beach




No comments:

Post a Comment