Thursday 17 May 2012

Life in Mimosa

I've just discovered that the area I'm living in is called Mimosa. But I'm sorry to say I'm yet to see any of the fizzy stuff and have been sticking to (the local) Mosi beer (trying to listen to my own advice in my earlier post to "eat (and drink) local"!


I'm sharing a house with a British VSO volunteer called Michael Fox. And I'm NOT kidding when I say his middle initial is 'J'. I'm running out of Back to the Future and Teenwolf jokes, but I think he's probably running out of patience for hearing them too! The house is great, about a 30 minute cycle from the office in a quiet area not far from Kabwe Golf Club (which I've been running round). We've got really friendly neighbours and a garden (or at least some green space) which I am LOVING! 

Cycling home along the train track
Dinner with the neighbours - Nicole and Saviour, and his brother Waliyah
Watermelon dessert with Nicole
Just inside the gate

Front of house
Making the most of the quiet space at the back of the house




No comments:

Post a Comment